Sunday, August 25, 2013

4 months later...


Sooooo sup guys…

Apparently I actually have readers!! So here is a new post!

First of all, as many of you know, I just went back to the states. Now I don’t want to over-dramatize this so let me word it as eloquently as I can… IT WAS SO FFFFFFFANTASTIC. Granted, I am very happy to be home where life has the slower pace I am now accustomed to, but I had a great trip back home. What was the best part you ask?

The friends?
Yes.
 The food?
 Yes.
The beer?
Yes.
 So all of it?
 Pretty much.

I have received some flack because while only being home for 7 days, I ate Mexican food twice. All I have to say to you haters out there is, you’re not from Texas, clearly you just don’t understand. I should have eaten fajitas with guacamole and salsa that is actually spicy and not glorified tomato chunks at least 4 times. So yeah. You’re wrong. ;)

Also I went to a Keith Urban concert. It was soooo much fun! Although I was surprised to see how the fashion has changed in the states. Suddenly it seems like under-wear length jean “shorts” are appropriate as long as you are also wearing cowboy boots and a lacy top? I disagree. There were a few too many cheeky ladies out there if you catch my drift. But I am all for the boots and tops, so I guess they’re at least halfway there! And the concert was great. Keith (we are on a first name basis) is so good live. You could tell he loves what he does when he absolutely kills it on stage! Nicole was really sad we weren’t able to meet up and chat, but she has a very busy schedule and neither of us were in Dallas long enough to find a time that worked for both of us.

And now I’m home! I had an amazing homecoming with all my muchachos being thrilled that I’m back and by basically getting mauled by dog hugs. I swear, if Inigo wasn’t touching me he didn’t feel like he was close enough. Which was cute until he played with the pigs. Let’s talk about that smell for a second. Or not actually. I’ll leave it to yalls imaginations.

So now it’s back to the grindstone. Grant writing. Manual writing. Other manual writing. And just general all around kicking peace corps ass. It’s what I do.

So that’s my short and sweet post to get back into the game! I will (maybe) update more frequently in the future!

 
Peace kids.

3 comments:

  1. You only had Mexican food twice? What is wrong with you? Where'd you go? Cantina Laredo? El Fenix? Mi Cocina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Not nearly enough Mexican food! -Christina

    ReplyDelete